Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday, February 3, 1868 – “…the coldest day…”

This is a very cold day. Murcury down to 20 [degrees] below zero. This is the coldest day we have had this winter. I did not do much to day. Thare is a Donation in New Kingston to night for Mr. Sirria(?). Night. I was at the Donation to I took over a load to night. Lousia Dennis*, Net Rutherford, Henry Liddle** and our girls went along with me. I saw Mary Gowanlock***, Alice Russel, Ann Gladstone, Barbary Archibald, Sarah Gowanlock***, Liby Miller & Lib Russell at the Donation to night. Mr. Sirrice(?) got $136.50 as Donation to night.

*Louisa Dennis (b 1846) was the daughter of Thomas and Louisa Dennis.
**Henry Liddle (1845-1921) was the son of Alex and Bina Liddle
***Mary and Sarah Gowanlock likely are the daughters of William and Ann Gowanlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment