Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday, January 25, 1868 - "I had a very narrow escape to day."

This has been a cold day. I have been drawing wood to day. I had a very narrow escape to day. The horses came very near geting away from me to day. Thare was a vendue at R. Rutherfords to day. I saw Bill & Frank Gowanlock* to day. They were going to the vendue to day. Bill was at the vendue to day. Tom Winter was here to night. He is around selling matchsafes**.
Net Rutherford & Isabella Winter were here tonight. Ann came home this afternoon. 
Brushland Delaware.


*Frank and Bill were the sons of William and Ann Gowanlock.  Frank (1843-1918) married Jane Liddle in 1874.  William Gowanlock married Cordelia McIntyre.
**These were small cases used to hold small matches and keep them dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment