Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday, January 2, 1868 - "There was a spree at R. Scotts..."

This is a fine day.  I was in Delhi to day.  S. White was here to night. I saw Andrew Lull* in Delhi to day.
[I came through Hamden village to day.  came from H.P. Wilburs this morning]
Mary Henderson and Robert Archabald** were married today [J. Hilson]*** rode up with me from Delhi.
I saw Jim Scott in Delhi today.  There was a spree at R. Scotts to night in Hamden. Dewitt Thompson was at it.  I saw John and Frank Armstrong in Delhi to day.  Jim was over to Andes today.  Brushland.

*Likely Andrew D. Lull, born 1843 in Bovina, died 1895 in Glassboro, NJ.
**Robert Archibald (1845-1924), son of Robert and Elizabeth Archibald, married Mary Henderson (1847-1925), daughter of James and Hannah Henderson in New Kingston.
***Probably John Hilson (1827-1896)

No comments:

Post a Comment