Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday, January 8, 1868 - "One year to day I was happy happy"

This has been a very good winter day.  Wind North to day. It has been cloudy to day. I have been drawing wood to day. Harry Warren was over her to night.  him and I played two or three games of Ucher* to night.  Hellen Strangeway was Married to day to Mr. George Gladstone of Andes.**  One year ago to day I was in Delhi. [One year ago to day I was with my dear Nettie.]
One year to day I was in [Hamden village] Del. Co. N.Y. One year to day I was [happy happy] .  Bill and Jim and Lill are away from home today.  1868


*Euchre is a card game.  Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euchre for more information.
**George Gladstone (1843-1927) married Helen Strangeway (1844-1916) in Bovina.  They would have four children.

No comments:

Post a Comment